Capacity-Optimized Enterprise Hard Drive for Bulk-Data Applications
- 4TB, 3.5-inch enterprise drive with industry-leading conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology
- Advanced Write Caching feature enables up to 100% performance improvement in random writes over last-generation drive
- 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces in industry-standard formats (512n, 512e and 4Kn) for easy integration into replicated and RAID multi-drive storage servers and systems
- State-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms, super parity and end-toend SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage
- Industry-leading rotational vibration design helps ensure consistent performance in dense multi-drive systems
- Engineered for 24x7 workloads of 550TB/yr
- Robust performance with dual processors, ramp load technology, top-cover-attached motor and humidity sensor for optimum performance in all chassis
- On-demand PowerBalance™ feature available for lower power/performance in random read/write environments
- Seagate Secure® Self-Encrypting Drive featuring Instant Secure Erase for cost-saving drive retirement and secure data-at-rest protection
- Seagate SeaTools™ diagnostic software to provide drive self-tests ensuring no unnecessary downtime and maximizing TCO
Exos 7E8_ Trusted. Efficient. Versatile
Trusted, efficient and versatile enterprise storage with ninth-generation enterprise-class reliability, the Exos™ 7E8 is the world’s fastest 8TB nearline drive for bulk storage. Offering a range of capacities up to 8TB, the Exos 7E8 delivers faster random performance and the fastest data transfers, confidently storing data without sacrificing performance. These high capacity, high-performance drives are optimised for demanding enterprise bulk data applications. Choose the Exos 7E8 for 24x7 consistent performance.
Enterprise Drive for Bulk Data Applications
Exos 7E8 hard drives support up to 8 TB per drive, offering bulk data storage for data centre infrastructures requiring a highly reliable enterprise hard drive. Exos 7E8 provides cost-effective, reliable access to unstructured data. Built on field-proven 9th generation conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology, the Exos 7E8 drive helps to catalyse the datasphere, enabling data centre architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, and low TCO for demanding 24x7 operations.
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24x7 World
Exos 7E8 drives are backed by a 2 million hour MTBF rating and support workloads of 550 TB per year — 10x that of desktop hard drives. With state-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms and rotational vibration design, the Exos 7E8 helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
High Performance for Mainstream Data Centre Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data centre footprint on the market today. The Exos 7E8 delivers easy integration into bulk storage systems with the SATA 6 Gb/s interface. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice™ and Seagate RAID Rebuild®, you can tailor your nearline storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your TCO.
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres.
- Massive scale-out data centres.
- OLTP and HPC applications.
- High-capacity density RAID storage.
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays.
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph.
- Enterprise backup and restore — D2D, virtual tape.
- Centralised surveillance.
Type of Drive
SATA III - 6Gb/s
Flash Memory Capacity
See manufacturers link above
26.11 x 101.85 x 147 mm